JOY = a source or cause of delight (Merriam-Webster.com)
We could all use more delight these days! Joy is good for our health and good for business. The customer experience is a leading factor in how clients review us online, in testimonials, and to their friends and family.
Here’s how we can BECOME a source of joy for ourselves, our team members, and our clients.
Let’s explore these four areas:
- Physical well-being
- Client care
- Team care
Following the wisdom of “The One Thing” by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan, ask yourself each day “What brings me joy today?” Use your curiosity to lead the way. Be aware of what shifts your own experience to a more positive and joyful state so you can share that with others.
Use gratitude as a practice to place your attention on that which you appreciate. Focus brings growth, so allow yourself to feel JOY with your gratitude.
“Sitting is the new smoking” is the latest saying to remind us we are built to move! Set times in your schedule to exercise, stand up from your desk, stretch, walk and smile. Smiling before you answer the phone brings joy to the person on the other end of the call and may lighten your mood, too! One of our clients shared her secret to JOY at the end of her workday is Buti Yoga – check it out to see what physical movements bring you JOY.
We have the responsibility to shepherd the real estate transactions for our clients. This requires a series of skills and practices that add value and make a difference. Joy is the result of many things that we can do for others. Remember, people often buy or sell real estate because they are experiencing 1 of 5 life events:
- Death of a loved one
- Relocation for a job
This means that we need to be the “rock” of stability, trust, and follow-through. Some ideas to bring joy to your clients during their difficult times are to say people’s names as you speak with them on the phone and to send flowers. Look for what they need in their special circumstances – do they need a day at doggie daycare for their pooch on the day the movers come to pack the house? Maybe a pizza for their family after they spent the day out of the house during inspections? You are making connections, building relationships while you are managing transactions.
Together everyone achieves more = TEAM. This is such a true acronym.
If you want to get there fast, go alone. If you want to go farther, go together. So how do we support each other while we are going the distance? How can we maintain momentum through the ‘long game’? We need to take care of ourselves and each other. Long-distance runners have a crew to make sure they are fed, watered, and safe.
Real estate teams have success formulas and tactics, too. Here are some:
- Keep it real – say “Hi Sue” in your emails before you jump into telling her what you need.
- Ask people, at least now and then, how are you? How was your weekend?
- Bring your values to life. A vision, mission and values statement help clarify who you are, where you’re going, and why. Now, what do you do every day, every week to LIVE these principles? We have a “Success Habit” each month and each week we have an activity to show how it can be applied to our roles and the business. You could have themes on your team to bring what you value into practice.
- Read books together, listen to podcasts, and discuss them once a month or once a quarter.
- Celebrate your WINS! Take a few minutes each week to pause and celebrate your progress, the lessons you’ve learned, the people you’ve helped. Celebrate how you’ve helped and supported each other. Foster a culture of cooperation, innovation, and teamwork.
YOU bring JOY to us by being you!
Want more support to “Be You”? Admins are invited to join our annual membership “Be You – The Inner Circle”. Check it out here!
2023 © Copyrights Kammbium