Selling a home is always a major process, but selling during a pandemic is a whole other story. Keeping everyone safe and healthy during your home sale likely means skipping the traditional open house and keeping everything virtual. Even if you can’t let people inside, there are plenty of tools and techniques you can use to wow those buyers from a safe distance. Kathleen Metcalf knows that staging your home is essential for a successful sale. Here are some other tips to prepare your home for the pandemic-era market.
STICK TO VIRTUAL SHOWINGS
It’s important to adhere to local safety regulations when showing your home to buyers. In many regions, this means sticking with virtual showings.
- Use virtual showing tools to keep your home sale COVID-friendly.
- Take advantage of internet resources to build your home’s online presence.
- In lieu of an open house, offer video tours to interested buyers.
- You could even hire a professional to shoot a 3D video walkthrough of your home.
MAKE YOUR HOME SPARKLE
Even if your buyers won’t be stepping foot inside your home, make sure it looks great in listing photos and videos.
- Tackle essential repairs like chipped paint and damaged windows — this can cost as much as $375, depending on the extent of the damage.
- Get rid of any clutter that may distract your potential buyers.
- Learn how to clean your entire home in four hours.
- Try some tricks to make your home appear bigger and brighter.
TAKE GREAT PICTURES
Your potential buyers will use your real estate photos to form their first impression of your home. Make sure it’s a good one.
- Invite bright natural light into your home to make your rooms appear more appealing in photos.
- Play with different camera angles to find the best perspective for each room.
- Remember to use photo editing tools to make your pictures look even better.
- Avoid using your photos to deceive your viewers. Keep it honest!
Even real estate agents are still figuring out how to approach the home selling and buying process during the pandemic, so it’s only natural that homeowners have questions about how to prep their home for a COVID-friendly sale. But by utilizing technology to show your home, giving it a deep cleaning, sprucing up minor issues, and taking gorgeous photos to make your property shine online, you can feel confident you’ll attract buyers who are willing to pay you top dollar for your home.
*Photo via Pexels
Guest Post by Natalie Jones
2023 © Copyrights Kammbium