Selling a home in the midst of a global pandemic isn’t ideal, but there are some things you can do to protect yourself, other household members, and prospective buyers from germs and bacteria that may be present before, during, after your real estate showings. Check out the resources below for some tips from KathleenMetcalf.com on safely selling your home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
TIPS TO GET YOUR HOME READY TO SELL
● Declutter each room in your home.
● Depersonalize and stage your home with help from an interior design professional.
CLEAN & SANITIZE YOUR HOME BEFORE AND AFTER SHOWINGS
● Disinfect your home, including all hard surfaces, light switches, doorknobs, and faucets.
● Only use the best cleaning products to sanitize and clean your home during the coronavirus outbreak.
● Vacuum and wash doormats before and after real estate showings.
PREVENT THE SPREAD OF GERMS DURING SHOWINGS
● Take extra precautions during showings, such as leaving shoe booties at the door and keeping all lights on in the home.
● Keep top-quality hand sanitizer around at all times.
● Offer 3D virtual tours of your home as an alternative to in-person showings.
● Close real estate transactions remotely, if possible.
While selling a home amid the COVID-19 crisis poses a few major challenges and safety concerns, these resources will help to keep you and your prospective buyers safe and healthy throughout the pandemic. If you offer virtual tours of your home and utilize video-conferencing software such as Zoom or Skype, you may be able to avoid in-person showings, consultations, and closings altogether!
Are you a real estate professional looking to improve and grow your business? Schedule a Clarity Call with Kathleen Metcalf today!
Guest Post by Julia Mitchell
*Image via Pexels
2023 © Copyrights Kammbium